For this episode of the Caffeinated Thoughts Podcast, our host, Shane Vander Hart discusses the trouble Christian adoption and foster care agencies face with Anna Anderson from American Principles Project.
Shane also discusses items of interest from late last week and over the weekend:
- The media blames Donald Trump for the shooting at The Capital Gazette in Annapolis, Maryland.
- Have conservatives weaponized the First Amendment? The New York Times believes so.
- Women are encouraged to talk about their abortion in order to protect abortion, but does that get to the heart of the debate?
Anderson, who is the Director of Family Policy for American Principles Project, discussed how state and local sexual orientation and gender identity laws are placing Christian adoption and foster care agencies at risk because they don't want to place children with same-sex couples. She promotes a bill that is beginning to pick up some momentum in the U.S. House of Representatives entitled the "Child Welfare Provider Inclusion Act" (H.R. 1881) that would help protect these agencies from the choice to either sacrifice their principles or close. You can contact your member of Congress about this bill here. Iowans can also call their member of Congress and ask them to co-sponsor the bill:
- Congressman Rod Blum (R-Iowa 1st) - (202) 225-2911
- Congressman Dave Loebsack (D-Iowa 2nd) - (202) 225-6576
- Congressman David Young (R-Iowa 3rd) - (202) 225-5476
- Congressman Steve King (R-Iowa 4th) - (202) 225-4426 Congressman King is already a co-sponsor.
The Caffeinated Thoughts Podcast can only exist due to the generosity of our sponsors.
This show is sponsored in part by American Principles Project, a conservative political think tank in Washington, D.C. American Principles Project believes that human dignity should be at the heart of public policy. They work in all 50 states and in Washington, D.C. to promote life, religious freedom, local control over education, authentic economic progress for working Americans, and a return to constitutional principles, such as federalism. Want to help American Principles Project? Visit their website today. Sign up for e-mail updates, send a small (or large) donation their way, help them out. They are a great group.
Also, be sure to check out Travis Risvold of Modern Woodmen of America. Call Travis at 515-883-0029. He can help you find the life insurance YOU need.